Free ITS Technical Assistance
About the ITS Professional Capacity Building Program
Source: USDOT, September 2017
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Professional Capacity Building (PCB) Strategic Plan, 2017-2021
View PDF (632KB)
This document describes the strategy that the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Professional Capacity Building (PCB) Program is pursuing to create a 21st century learning environment and build an ITS professional that leads the world in the innovative use of ITS technologies. The strategic plan presents:
- Introduction. Provides an overview of the ITS PCB Program and this strategic plan.
- History of ITS PCB Program. Describes how the PCB Program is shifting its strategic approach to better meet customer needs.
- Vision and Mission. States the updated vision and mission of the program.
- Goals and Objectives. Describes the strategic plan for 2017 to 2021. Outlines four strategic goals and sets objectives.
- Role of Training and Industry Partners. Describes the critical role of partnership and coordination in achieving the ITS PCB Program’s vision and mission.
- Summary of Activities. Details the activities the ITS PCB Program will pursue under each goal and objective.
View the ITS PCB Strategic Plan, 2017-2021.
For more information, contact:
ITS Professional Capacity Building Program Manager
ITS Joint Program Office
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology (OST-R)
U.S. Department of Transportation
This document is disseminated under the sponsorship of the Department of Transportation in the interest of information exchange. The United States Government assumes no liability for its contents or use thereof.
The U.S. Government is not endorsing any manufacturers, products, or services cited herein and any trade name that may appear in the work has been included only because it is essential to the contents of the work.