Free ITS Technical Assistance
- ITS Peer Program connects you with experienced
peers or technical experts.
- Get technical support on your ITS questions by email.
About the ITS Professional Capacity Building Program
Now Available in the Open Source Application Development Portal (OSADP)
OSADP Adds More Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Applications for Download!
The Open Source Application Development Portal (OSADP), a web-based portal that provides access to and supports the collaboration, development, and use of open-source ITS-related applications, has added a number of new ITS-related applications that are available free to the public.
The following new applications are now available for download.
- Vehicle to Infrastructure (V2I) Hub takes in data from vehicles via Basic Safety Messages (BSM) and translates the data to a National Transportation Communications for ITS Protocol (NTCIP) that infrastructure components can understand. And vice versa. V2I Hub is a message handler that acts as a translator and data aggregator/disseminator for infrastructure components of a connected vehicle deployment.
- Dynamic Traffic Assignment (DTA) Lite Analysis, Modeling and Simulation (DTALite AMS) enables external users to embed their own simulation controls and traffic management strategies such as adaptive ramp metering, signal control and work-zone management. This code has the following Dynamic Mobility Applications built into it: Dynamic Transit Dispatch, Enable Advanced Traveler Information Systems and Freight Advanced Traveler Information Systems.
- Glidepath is a vehicle application that provides longitudinal control for a modified 2010 Ford Escape while it transits an intelligent, signalized intersection. The software’s objective is to maximize fuel economy as the vehicle passes through the intersection by minimizing speed changes. It receives and interprets information about the signal operation via messages broadcast by the roadside infrastructure via Dedicated Short Range Communication (DSRC) radio.
The U.S. Department of Transportation’s (USDOT) Intelligent Transportation Systems Joint Program Office (ITS JPO) funds the OSADP to help facilitate the advancement of research, development, planning, testing, and deployment of connected vehicle and traveler-related applications and ITS. The OSADP features source code, software, applications, and resources (e.g., documentation, licenses, data) to support the use of, or further development of these ITS-related applications.
Public agencies, service providers, researchers, application developers, and others are invited to visit the OSADP at http://itsforge.net to explore the use of these available applications and resources. For more information about the OSADP, please contact us: http://www.itsforge.net/index.php/contact/contact-us.