Free ITS Technical Assistance
- ITS Peer Program connects you with experienced
peers or technical experts.
- Get technical support on your ITS questions by email.
ITS Courses and Training
ITS Procurement - WEB-BASED
Learn how to integrate systems to achieve successful ITS projects
Agency professionals face numerous challenges when procuring intelligent transportation systems (ITS) hardware and software. Hardware and software for these projects may not fit typical procurement strategies, which can create challenges with advancing ITS initiatives.
This course will provide an overview of procurement strategies for successfully deploying ITS hardware and software projects that build on systems engineering principles and practices. This course will present an approach to defining ITS projects and desired outcomes. The focus of this course is on the procurement stage of the overall acquisition process. For this course, the procurement stage spans from identifying needs to final procurement acceptance, including procurement documentation, selection, award, contract type selection, and Federal regulations and requirements.
This course will provide you with tools to develop the key aspects of a request for quotation (RFQ), request for proposal (RFP), invitation for bid (IFB), or goods contract advertisement to ensure a successful procurement, plus requirements documents and verification plans.
Learn more and register!
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain what it means to have a successful ITS procurement.
- Accurately define what you need so that it can be clearly communicated.
- Select the ideal approach for a given procurement project.
- Match a selection method to an outcome.
- Select a contracting approach that appropriately shares risk
- Measure progress and completion
- Determine the role of Federal procurement regulations
- Complete an ITS procurement project.
- Public agency ITS program and project managers, support staff, and consultants
- Public agency procurement/contract managers and support staff
- Federal field staff involved in ITS
- Planners who will be assisting in interagency coordination/cooperation and ITS projects