ITS University Partners Webinar – with the US DOT ITS Professional Capacity Building Program
Date: March 21, 2012
Time: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET
Cost: Free of charge
The US Department of Transportation ITS Joint Program Office wants your opinion! How does the ITS PCB Program get ITS education into your University? What types of ITS programs would you participate in? What ITS program would work best at your university?
Many universities struggle to keep pace with educating future transportation professionals about new ITS technologies, while at the same time adapting their engineering curriculum to provide a multidisciplinary approach to effectively learn about, design, and deploy ITS solutions.
We talked to university educators across the country engaged in ITS research and teaching programs. We asked them about their challenges and needs for teaching ITS and about innovative tools and methods they used to do it. We learned a lot in the process. This is where you come in!
We want to broaden the discussion to include as many students and faculty interested in ITS education as possible! The ITS PCB Program wants to know what you think would help achieve our goal of expanding the delivery of ITS education in universities.
As a participant in the webinar you will:
- Learn about what the ITS PCB Program is doing to promote ITS education
- Learn about and share your challenges with mainstreaming ITS topics into university curricula
- Provide us with critical feedback about the activities you think we should pursue
- Vote on educational program models that you like best, or share your own
- Have a chance to get involved in promoting ITS education at a national level
Who should attend
University students, faculty or other educators from a range of disciplines (e.g. engineering, planning, computer science, mathematics, etc.) interested in promoting ITS focused transportation education.