Resources for Practitioners
ITS Peer Program
The ITS Peer-to-Peer Program (P2P) provides short-term technical assistance to agencies facing ITS planning, procurement, deployment, and operational challenges. P2P is an important tool for transferring ITS knowledge, resources, and experiences among public agencies and throughout the transportation industry.
Contact the ITS Peer-to-Peer Program at 617-494-2883 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more before you call, refer to the Peer-to-Peer Program Guidelines.
The P2P Program tries to cover all costs associated with the assistance efforts, within the limits of the program’s guidelines and the availability of funding. The P2P Program will pay for travel, accommodations, meals, incidental expenses, and similar costs associated with on-site and off-site assistance.
A broad range of organizations are eligible for P2P assistance:
- State, county, and city transportation and public works offices
- Transit agencies
- Turnpike and tollway authorities
- Metropolitan and Statewide planning organizations
- Emergency and public safety organizations
- Motor carrier offices
Over 120 ITS peer experts lend their technical expertise to the P2P Program. Most experts are public sector transportation professionals who are active in the planning, design, procurement, and implementation of ITS. Experts from the private sector supplement public sector experts to ensure the program offers depth on a wide range of ITS technical issues.
|Peer experts can help with a variety of ITS challenges, in areas such as:
- Accessible Transportation Technologies Research Initiative (ATTRI)
- Active traffic management
- Advanced vehicle safety systems
- Commercial Vehicle Operations (CVO)
- Connected Vehicles, including Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V), Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I), and Vehicle-to-Pedestrian (V2P)
- Data management
- Electronic payment options
- Fleet operations and maintenance
- Incident/Emergency Management
- Integrated Corridor Management (ICM)
- ITS Architecture/ITS Standards
- Modeling and simulation
- Operations and maintenance
- Procurement and specification review
- Public safety and security
- Public transportation management
- Resources and financial issues
- Road Weather Information Systems (RWIS)
- Smart Communities
- System design, architecture, and integration
- System/cyber security
- Traffic demand management
- Traffic signal control systems
- Traveler Information
Peers and the program’s national office staff are required to hold all information confidential within the program. Public release of information (for example for a newsletter synopsis) is approved in advance by the agencies and Peers involved.
Want More Information Before You Apply?
Call 617-494-2883 or e-mail email@example.com. A P2P representative is ready to discuss your ITS needs and determine the best option for reaching a solution. To learn more before you call, refer to the ITS Peer-to-Peer Program Guidelines.