Free ITS Technical Assistance
ITS Peer-to-Peer Program
The ITS Peer-to-Peer Program (P2P) provides short-term technical assistance to agencies facing ITS planning, procurement, deployment, and operational challenges. P2P is an important tool for transferring ITS knowledge, resources, and experiences among public agencies and throughout the transportation industry.
A broad range of organizations are eligible for P2P assistance:
- State, county, and city transportation and public works offices
- Transit agencies
- Turnpike and tollway authorities
- Metropolitan and Statewide planning organizations
- Emergency and public safety organizations
- Motor carrier offices
Over 120 ITS peer experts lend their technical expertise to the P2P Program. Most experts are public sector transportation professionals who are active in the planning, design, procurement, and implementation of ITS. Experts from the private sector supplement public sector experts to ensure the program offers depth on a wide range of ITS technical issues.
P2P experts can help with a variety of ITS challenges, such as:
- Amber alert
- Electronic payment options
- Emergency management services
- Fleet operations and maintenance
- Human Service Transportation
- In-vehicle technology for passenger and heavy vehicles
- ITS standards
- Modeling and simulation
- Operations and Maintenance
- Procurement and specification review
- Public safety and security
- Resources and financial issues
- System design, architecture, and integration
- Traffic signal control systems
- Transit management systems
- Travel information services
- Vehicle Infrastructure Integration (VII)
The P2P Program tries to cover all costs associated with the assistance efforts, within the limits of the program's guidelines and the availability of funding. The P2P Program will pay for travel, accommodations, meals, incidental expenses, and similar costs associated with on-site and off-site assistance.
Peers and the program's national office staff are required to hold all information confidential within the program. Public release of information (for example for a newsletter synopsis) is approved in advance by the agencies and Peers involved.
Want More Information Before You Apply?
Call 1-888-700-PEER (1-888-700-7337) or e-mail email@example.com. A P2P representative is ready to discuss your ITS needs and determine the best option for reaching a solution. To learn more before you call, refer to the ITS Peer-to-Peer Program Guidelines.